I knew in my mind what I wanted the dress to look like. The problem was I didn't have a pattern. I decided to lay Ellowyne down on a piece of paper and trace her outline. I kind of made my own pattern by sketching the dress I had in mind on to her paper outline. I added some for the sides of the dress and seam allowances and began cutting and sewing. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, for a first attempt without a pattern.
So here is Ellowyne modeling her new dress.
I had so much fun sewing this dress for Ellowyne, and I'm sure there will be more to come. A girl needs more than one outfit, after all.